Jan 21, 2008

Wizard for setting up Gmail IMAP account in Thunderbird


I've made a Thunderbird extension which adds wizard to setup Gmail IMAP account. After installing the extension, you can setup Gmail IMAP account from the File->New->Account menu. It creates new account and SMTP server settings. It also synchronizes draft, sent, and trash folders between Thunderbird and Gmail.

Please note that there are two limitations:
  • You should use the same language setting in Thunderbird and Gmail
  • Only English and Japanse are supported
If your settings don't satisfy the above, you will fail to sync up special folders.

You can download the extension from my homepage.

2 comments:

Godai71 said...

I don't know, if you read AMO discussions, so I'll post my request also here.
Is it possible to add automatic selection of Spam folder?

For me, It could be useful.

Thanks in advance.

h.ogi said...

Thanks for the post.

I answered in AMO discussions.

Popular Posts