Aug 27, 2019

Supporting Thunderbird 68.x

The following add-ons are updated for Thunderbird 68.x.
Please feel free to comment here if you find problem.

  • Check and Send 1.1.0
  • Maximize Message Pane 1.3.0
  • Priority Switcher 0.8.1
  • New Tab Button 0.3.0
  • EnForward 0.5.0
  • Evernote Tab 0.1.21
  • Tag Toolbar 1.0.0

Download(exclude Evernote Tab):
Updating Tag Toolbar and EnForward is planed. But it will take much time. (2019/09/07 EnForward is released. 2019/09/22 Tag Toolbar is released.)

Note:
  • Add-ons are beta version.
    (11/24: Stable versions are released now)
  • Thunderbird 69 Beta is not supported. 
  • For EnForward, Lightning is needed. Reminder functionality will result in error unless Lightning is installed.  
[2019/08/28 Update]
Check and Send 1.1.00b3 is released. It fixes bug in recipients check.
Ticket:
http://hogi.sakura.ne.jp/hiki/?Ticket-328

[2019/08/31 Update]
Check and Send 1.1.00b3 is released. It fixes bug in configurations per account.
Ticket:
http://hogi.sakura.ne.jp/hiki/?Ticket-315

[2019/09/07 Update]
EnForward 0.5.00b1 is released. It is the first beta for Thunderbird 68.0.

[2019/09/08 Update]
[2019/09/08 Update2]
EnForward 0.5.00b3 is released. Fix bugs in option dialog.

[2019/09/14]
Check and Send 1.1.00b6 is released. Fix bugs in option dialog.

[2019/09/15]
Update all add-ons. Fix minimum Thunderbird version that add-on supports.

Evernote Tab 0.1.20 is released. It once came to the end of life but is back for Thunderbird 68!

[2019/09/16]
EnForward 0.5.00b5 and Evernote Tab 0.1.21 are released. Problem in style sheet is fixed.

[2019/09/18]
Priority Switcher 0.5.00b4 is released. Error output from Overlay loader is fixed.

[2019/09/22]
Tag Toolbar 1.0.00b3 is released.

[2019/11/03]
Maximize Message Pane 1.3.00b4 is released.
"Show close button on the folder pane header" is remove from option.

[2019/11/24]
All add-ons are submitted to addons.thunderbird.net. Add-ons will be updated automatically after approval.

[2019/12/02]
Priority Switcher 0.8.1 is released. Fix wrong file type in image file.

[2019/12/08]
All add-ons are approved by addons.thunderbird.net editors. This post is closed. Further update will be notified by another post.


28 comments:

FlojosLokito said...

Hi! Im not able to locate Tag Toolbar new version. May be its only released in some countries?
I really love this add-on, and since i updated my thunderbird i cannot work with it.
:(
Any ideas or help please?
Thanks!!!!

FlojosLokito said...

Got it! Just downloaded from here: http://hogi.sakura.ne.jp/en/downloadcgi.rhtml?tagbar
Thanks

llii said...

Thank you for your great addon!
May I ask you to update "Check and Send" for TB 70?

h.ogi said...

Sorry I'm not plan to update it for TB70.

It seems that Thunderbird team will remove legacy add-ons support from TB72, by end of 2019. It means even though I update it for 7x series, it will be useless within 2 months.

Anonymous said...

Hi! Trying to download 68 from http://hogi.sakura.ne.jp/en/downloadcgi.rhtml?tagbar

but it won't launch the download. Would love to test!

Mr. Ruzicka said...

Tag Toolbar will not show the toolbar correctly in any Thunderbird version since 68. Leaves space for toolbar but places words for it on top of QuickFolders toolbar. Will not show at all if I turn off QuickFolders toolbar. So it is pretty much useless. Has this been seen by anyone else???

Thomas said...

EnForward 0.5.0 doesn't work with my Thunderbird 68.3.0: clicking on "Forward to Evernote" and nothing happens. (If I activate "Confirm before forwarding notes", the confirmation window opens, but after confirming this window nothing happens.)

Is it really true that I need to install Lightning only if I want to use the reminder functionality of EnForward, as you tell us on your website? Or is it generally necessary to have Lightning installed? (I don't have Lighntning, but I don't need the reminder functionality of EnForward.)

Thanks for help in advance! I'm using EnForward since years and it is great (if it works ;-))!

h.ogi said...

To Thomas,

I can't reproduce the problem. Are there any error messages in Error Console? You can open it by Shift+Ctrl+J.

And can tell me the EnForward options that changed from default.

Lightning is not mandatory if you don't need reminder functionality.

Bieuzy said...

@Mr. Ruzicka Exactly same here. TB 68.3.1 + Tag Toolbar 1.0.0 + QuickFolder 4.17.4

h.ogi said...

To: Mr. Ruzicka, Bieuzy

I tried Tag Toolbar 1.0.0 + QuickFolder 4.17.5 on Thunderbird 68.3.1.
The problem was not reproduced.

Does the problem still occur?

Mr. Ruzicka said...

Yes, it still does on my machine. I have had rare occasions where it came up properly, but 90+% of the time it does what I indicated earlier.

h.ogi said...

To: Mr. Ruzicka

Thank you for the feedback. I'll keep trying to reproduce the problem.
I've also experienced the issue while developing v1.0.0. I applied a countermeasure against it but it may not be enough.

By the way, can you try the following v1.0.1b1? It only changes packaging structure of the add-on. No code is changed. This may improve the situation.

Tag Toolbar 1.0.1b1

Please let me know if you find something.

Mr. Ruzicka said...

Tag Toolbar 1.0.1b1 works on first install (like the others) but subsequent reboot mhas the same thing happening as I described above. So - no change.

h.ogi said...

To: Mr. Ruzicka

Can you try Tag Toolbar 1.0.1b2?
Before you install v1.0.1b2, uninstall v1.0.1b1 to clear cache.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Mr. Ruzicka said...

b2 did not work. As before, it works fine on install, but when I reboot/restart Thunderbird, it is back to what I described earlier.

h.ogi said...

Thank you. I'll find another possibility ...

Vahe said...

Hello.
Do you plan to transfer the extension "Check and send" to the WebExtension format?

h.ogi said...

To Mr. Ruzicka

How about v1.0.1b3?

h.ogi said...

To Vahe

I do not have the answer yet. I need to study feasibility of the conversion.

As you may know, WebExtensions is a brand new concept and have a lot of limitations comparing to the legacy add-ons.

h.ogi said...

To Thomas,

EnForward 0.5.1 fixes issue when memo functionality is enabled.
It may resolve your case. Please update.

EnForward 0.5.1

h.ogi said...

I posted an article about the Tag Toolbar disappearance. For the issue, I released an experimental beta Tag Toolbar 1.0.1b4.

https://hogiblog.blogspot.com/2020/01/disappearance-of-tag-toolbar.html

Mr. Ruzicka said...

Beta 3 seems to be working on restart. I want to see how things go at next start before I declare all is well...

Mr. Ruzicka said...

Beta 4 also seems to be working on restart and complete reboot of machine.

Vahe said...

To h.ogi,
thank you.

h.ogi said...

To Mr. Ruzicka,

Thank you for the feedback.

Mr. Ruzicka said...

You are welcome - and thank you for the fix...

futurile said...

Hi, just wanted to say thanks very much for the Maximise Message Pane add-on. I've been using it for years and years, and really depend on it to make reading email easy for my eyes. With the TB 68 add-ons not working properly I didn't have it for a few days and realise how *important* it was for my email experience. So thanks again for this add-on!

Dave C. said...

Thank you so much for Tag Toolbar. I have used it now for several years in my one-man business and it is truly invaluable. My email would be completely unmanageable without it. I must admit I have failed to donate until now - which is not right, given how much I rely on this extension - but I will make sure I donate annually going forward. Thank you again.

Popular Posts