Nov 15, 2007

Tag Toolbar 0.6.10 is released!

Tag Toolbar 0.6.10 is approved by AMO editor. You will receive update notification soon. As the post in yesterday says some useful functionalities are added.

The following is the detail of the changes:
  • Tag search functionalities
    • Search tags on Tag Bar
    • Search can be saved as a category like a saved search folder
    • Search and select tags on Category Editor
  • Remember the last selected category in a folder
    • if you don't need the function, add ttb.remember_cat and set it to false by Config Editor then restart Thunderbird
  • Add tag toolbar to the message compose window
    • specified tags are add to the message saved in the sent folder
  • Bug fix
    • display settings will be changed when you cancel toolbar customization
Some screenshots and documentations are available on my homepage. Please refer to them too.

7 comments:

Mark said...

Great extension! Is it possible to make the tag toolbar take up 2 lines? I'd like to see all my tags on the screen at the same time (I currently have about 30).

Thanks!!

h.ogi said...

Why don't you use categories?

Anyway, adding more toolbars is one of concerns for the next version.
I'll mull over your request.

Mark said...

Thanks again.

Another useful feature would be to define categories of labels that are mutually exclusive (ie. "TODO", "Waiting for Reply" and "Done"). When you pick one from a category like that, it un-tags any of the others in the same category.

If I can help, let me know.

Jan said...

Hi,

I (and browsing the internet also some others) have the problem that in Thunderbird 2.0.0.9 my tags sometimes disappear when switching between folders.

What could be the reason ?

Cheers, Jan

h.ogi said...

By default, each folders remembers the last selected category; category is automatically changed when you change the folder selection. So, I guess the reason for the disappearance is this functionality.

If you don't need it, add ttb.remember_cat and set it to false by Config Editor then restart Thunderbird.

Jan said...

Hi, I don't understand what you mean with 'each folders remembers the last selected category; category is automatically changed when you change the folder selection.

By the way, mails I have received since Thunderbird was installed are working fine with tags, only my older emails (imported from MS Outlook) seems to have the 'tag disappearing phenomenon' as mentioned in previous posting.

h.ogi said...

It seems that I misunderstood the problem. Since you don't seem to use category, it may be a problem of Thunderbird, not Thunderbird.

Compacting a folder may solve the problem. It is worth trying File->Compact Folders. Also see my another article.

Popular Posts