I've started to make a Thunderbird3 compatible version of Google Contacts. As the initial test version, I released v0.6a1 at my homepage.
As you may know, many changes for address book landed on Thunderbird3. Especially, redesigning of API has significant influence for making extensions compatible with Thunderbird3, including Google Contacts.
For the reason above, v0.6a1 may have many problems. Please let me know if you find problems.
Before you use v0.6a1, I'd like to notify a precaution to you. Due to the redesingning of address book, there are some differences between data created on Thunderbird2 and one on Thunderbird3. When you upgrade to Thunderbird3, Google Contacts converts and synchronizes them correctly. But if you downgrade, Google Contacts cannot treat data created on Thunderbird3. In other words, it does not have lower compatilibity.
When new test version is available, I'll update "Thunderbird3 Compatibility Testing Thread". Please keep watching the post.
May 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
This thread is closed. Post comments to the following new thread: Feature request and support thread #2 This is support and discussion thr...
-
I've developed a new extension for Thunderbird named Google Contacts . This extension accesses to Google contacts and synchronize them w...
-
This is support and discussion thread about my add-ons. Please feel free to post your comments here, including feature requests, questions a...
-
I've started to work for making my add-ons compatible with Thunderbird3. I'll update this post when test versions are available. Ple...
-
Check and Send v2.0.0 is available. It is fully re-written in Mail Extensions mechanism to support forthcoming Thunderbird 78. It does no...
-
Thunderbird 78 removes customization of message header toolbar. Toolbar buttons occupy large area of the header. It is filed as the followin...
-
Thunderbird 91 is now available. The following is status of compatibility checking of my add-ons. I do not have enough time to test add-ons...
-
All my extensions are translated at BabelZilla . If you concern about translation of my extensions, please join BabelZilla and translate th...
-
Tag Popup 2.1.2 is now available for download: https://hogi.sakura.ne.jp/en/ttb/ttb.rhtml Tag Popup has category functionalities similar to ...
-
Tag Toolbar 0.7.80 is now available for download. It fixes the following issue: Toolbar is hidden if Thunderbird was finished with activatin...
No comments:
Post a Comment